Thursday, November 6, 2014

In Freedoms Cause: Wallace and Bruce

For those who don't know- I'm Scottish.

And for those who do know, believe me when I get the hint as your eyes glaze over as I regale you with my take on the historical inaccuracies of Mel Gibson's Braveheart. I get it. It was an action movie and that was all.

But now, you can satisfy my oddity for cause and effect, for showcasing history as accurately as possible by paying attention now - there's something you need to experience.

Heirloom Audio has released the story of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce with the audio movie, In Freedom's Cause. The true story, told through the witness of a young boy wrapped up in the conflict for the freedom of Scotland. The all star cast includes such legends as Brian Blessed, Bill Boyd, Skandar Keynes, and James Cosmo.

Listen to it- then we'll have something to discuss.