Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Flotilla of UFOs, June 22, 2009



Before I get to the meat... can anyone guess what the aerial photograph to the left is? The answer is at the bottom of this blog.

I'm the first to admit I've never seen what I would call a true unidentified flying object. I mean, I've seen aircraft that I couldn't categorize as a 747 or C-9, and there have plenty of bird silhouettes I've spied against the clouds I didn't have a chance at taxonimizing. (Is that even a real word? If not, it sounds cool, and you know what I mean.)

I consider myself a practical person when it comes to observing the natural world. In the event I do one day become a witness to an extraordinary event, I believe I'll be prepared. 'Awestruck' is not a state of being I have ever found myself in, and there have been plenty of opportunities. I've watched from the deck of a gator-freighter as a commercial fishing vessel was consumed by flames and sunk within ten minutes. I've stood on a deserted highway in Iowa and observed as a linear storm dropped rain from sky as if corralled by a ruler. In Arkansas, I've seen twin tornadoes dance across the plains in a destructive ballet. In Crete, I watched as topless women frolicked on Kalathas beach. The point is, I never lost my head. Instead, I treated the events as records of posterity. If I had a video recorder, you can bet the images are in focus.

On June 22, 2009, several videographers captured unknown objects darting above the skies of Argentina. The videos appear to be clean of manipulative editing, and each record shows multiple objects moving in the sky with speeds and 90 degree turns most associated with extraterrestrial craft. If it's a hoax, it's a damn good one.




As for the image? It's Area 51 in Nevada, as captured by a public-access imaging satellite. How cool is that?